Diagnostics & Troubleshooting
PE specializes in troubleshooting and diagnostics of rotating machinery. If machinery is experiencing vibration, operating at elevated temperatures, or with lost efficiency, PE has the expertise to perform the appropriate measurements and analyze the results to identify the problem's root cause.
The following is an example of a typical diagnostic approach PE implements.
- Review the machine's historical maintenance and operating records; including, auxiliaries and connected machine train components, as appropriate.
- Perform field measurements, including:
- Vibration analysis,
- Temperature survey,
- Alignment assessment,
- Electrical system characterization (power, frequency, waveform, harmonics, etc.),
- Pressure and flow measurements, and
- Efficiency studies.
- Reduce data and correlate measurements to historical data; as required, build finite element or numerical model to prove hypotheses.
- Prepare an assessment report detailing options to mitigate or eliminate the problem.
- Determine the solution most suitable for the Client's needs, perfect and detail the repair concept, and then implement the solution.